"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

Yesterday was one of the most rewarding days of my college career.

My pre-law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta participated in a Habitat for Humanity build. We helped with the framing of the roof on a house in Phoenix to a kind, grateful and deserving family.
I was up at 6:30am and building by 8am until almost 2pm. It was such an amazing experience. I really felt like something I was doing was making an immediate difference in another persons life.
I don't really know how to describe what I was thinking other than that... I can't find the words.
But it was nice being a part of such an important group and although I didn't say much I enjoyed just listening and observing.

If you ever get an opportunity to be a part of something like this, take advantage of it. I took more out of it than just another community service project and I hope that everyone can have such a positive experience and know these feelings.



... and yes I am sooo sore! I don't think I've ever performed so much manual labor in 1 day. But it was all totally worth it!

2 comments:

MagooRamba said...

This is Krista... sounds FUN!

Jeena said...

Haha love your profile picture!

And yeah, it was amazing!