"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone!

It's 9:52am in AZ, I am wide awake and feeling a little crazy... but I guess that's what I get for awake before 5am; AND on accident too!
Or maybe it has something to do with the 2 cups of tea I just finished.

*Rambling time!*
Last night I was going through my ebooks library looking for something to read and found my mini collection of Leo Tolstoy:
If you don't know who that is... check him out, he was a pretty smart guy.

... so I decided to read a little of this and that. I got really tired and decided to go to bed, at 10pm! Quite amazing for me if I do say so myself!
Although I have no memory of my dreams I assume that they must have been kinda crazy because I woke up to this loud 'thud' at about 4:40am. I'm not sure if the noise "really happened" or if something fell or was hit in my dream but either way it jolted me awake. It was so crazy that I jumped straight up before I had even realized that I was sitting completely up.
Tried going back to sleep for another 20-30 min but eventually gave up.
You know that phase where you're trying really hard to fall asleep but everything is soooo loud?
The birds outside, the traffic and of course I left my computer with sound on overnight and it 'decided' to tell me about a virus protection update... ugh.

It was so weird being up before everyone. Hearing, feeling the stillness of the house was peaceful and almost creepy.
It was nice.

So I did what most people in my 'shoes' would do, check my facebook and twitter. Made myself a cup of tea and got out the stuff for my parents to have their tea/coffee when they eventually got up.
Looked for some good music on youtube:
Today's artist is Jason Reeves, looking forward to his new album coming out this summer... I hope. The Lovesick

Tried doing some Tai Chi... oh boy that is not easy!
Now that is an intense skill. I'm not sure what's more complicated watching it or reading the instructions.

Afterwards I decided that I'd start with something easier, like meditating outside. Wrong again! Not so easy, quieting my mind is a difficult task. I'm always thinking about 'what I SHOULD be doing' as opposed to 'what I am ACTUALLY doing.'
Oh and 'distraction' should probably have been my middle name.
*Rambling end!*

All in all it was a really nice morning. Quiet, relaxing, peaceful with no rush to accomplish anything. That is definitely something to think about.

Today makes a great case for becoming a morning person.

No comments: