"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life is never practical, you just have to enjoy it

Lately I've been thinking about all the opportunities I've let pass me by and the skills/talents I didn't develop. That leads me to think about the future, my education, career, etcetera.
I've had some type of senoritis for at least the last year and I doubt that I'm really doing what I want.
But today I got the pick me up I needed.

The work that I want to do, as an adoption lawyer is perfect combination of what I want to do and what I would be good at doing. Helping families begin and grow and giving children opportunities for better lives. Seems like a 'win-win' career to me.
I couldn't imagine my life without my family and I am so thankful for the adoption system.

Yesterday I spent the day with my mom.
We watched "The Secret Life of Bees." Definitely a great movie. Alicia Keys plays June Boatwright, a cellist. I absolutely love the cello. I think it's the most beautiful sounding instrument and I've always wished that I knew how to play. While watching her play I made a comment that I'd always wanted to play. That I didn't play because I didn't think it'd be practical. My moms reply took me off guard with, "Life is never practical, you just have to enjoy it."
Regretting isn't going to change anything. It's one instance where no amount of trying will ever be enough.

"Finding the truth is only half of it. What you do with it is what matters."
This profound line comes straight from "The Secret Life Bees" and I've decided to once again re-title my blog.

No comments: