"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's been a funny kind of day yesterday!

Although I am almost a week late in 'keeping you updated' I just wanted anyone who was curious to know that... cooking was a success!
Granted I did end up getting a lot of help... but just so you know, I did not give up and ask! A friend of mine came over and decided to volunteer her services as a slightly more skilled than me, tall person to help my cause. So I even got a dinner buddy out of the whole thing!

But back to the point... the food was delicious, working with defrosted chicken is a pain and I might need a bigger pan sometime soon.

Oh! Speaking of tall and little people, I should tell you all about my day.
For the next few months I have agreed to care for my above mentioned friend's cat. He is a bit crazy and definitely obnoxious but somehow still manages to be cute when you're mad at him.
So I was cleaning up after him today and decided that I should stretch that cleaning to my entire apartment (notice how I'm blogging and not mentioning being done). Well I was trying to take my trash out when... this facebook/twitter status should explain it all:

Tried taking my trash out and accidentally dropped my bucket in the dumpster too. Definitely not getting that back :/ #littlepeopleproblems**

It was that hashtag that got me thinking... how many little people problems can I think of that have crossed my mind over the years.

Since I'm little and sometimes use a wheelchair I am going to lump all of my ideas together.


If you use a powerwheelchair the definite first one would have to be a dead battery... nothing is worse than being stranded without being able to move!

But don't be fooled by the picture folks... when this happens, seeing someone happy is probably the last thing that you'll see.







And of course now that I want to think about them I can't think of very many!
But I can think of some of my favorite inventions ever created.


This has to be one of the best things in my apartment! For when I need an extra foot or 2. With it I can cook, clean, and put my dishes or whatever else I need to away.



And who could forget this absolutely ingenius invention!
For one, it was advertised by my TV hero Billy Mays. And of course let's not forget it's altogether usefulness. Every home should have one, in my opinion.



** for those of you who do not use twitter and/or have no idea what I'm talking about: a hashtag is the # symbol that is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages
SOURCE: http://support.twitter.com/entries/49309-what-are-hashtags-symbols

No comments: