"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Friday, March 16, 2012

My 25th Birthday!

First off I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to all of my friends and family that wished me a happy birthday!


It was a relatively low key day that started a day early with a beautiful trip to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum (State Park in Superior, AZ). For those of you who don't know what that is, I described it to my friend as a zoo for plants in a completely open environment. You know, like nature intended it to be.

On your left is one of my favorite pictures. If I could sum up the scenery with one picture, this would be it.


I went with my mom, aunts and 5 small cousins so it was anything but boring! If we weren't chasing one child, we were trying to trying to make sure another couldn't eat an unknown plant haha.
And somewhere in between all of that wandering, picture taking and sight seeing I managed to take some of my own pictures. With my cell phone and they even turned out quite nice!

Later that night I went out with one of my good friends Special Tuesday to celebrate and ended the night at an insane hour after redeeming my free birthday grand slam.

And after sleeping a solid 6-7 hours I awoke the next afternoon to begin the marathon!
Since I started a bit late I didn't get to hit as many places as I would have liked but it was still a very good day... although it started a bit rocky.

If you didn't know, Krispy Kreme is usually my first stop on the birthday trail.
Who wouldn't want to start their day with a dozen free glazed donuts?!

BUT I was quite sad to learn that Krispy Kreme no longer gives you an entire box of a dozen donuts :( instead they only give you one.
* I'd post a link but I couldn't find one that says it. I found out by a sign on the window.

Next stop was to pick up my mom so we could go to lunch and hit as many places as possible. And of course we had to go to the best places first!


Joe's Farm Grill



It is here (and 2 other places) that you can receive $10 towards the meal of your choice. And I went big!
** If you haven't tried it yet, you don't know what you're missing out on! http://joesfarmgrill.com/


Liberty Market



And here's my next stop. Had to get me some good coffee!
This is the 2nd place that gives you $10 off of your meal, or in my case coffee.
** Good food, good coffee.http://libertymarket.com/








And since I'm me, I had to end my food spree with a bang!
Another one of my awesome friends took me out to the Cheesecake Factory where I had a delicious cobb salad and we split a piece of the snickers cheesecake... yum!








**In case you're wondering, that IS a giant piece of avocado!
(there was some confusion via Facebook)

This same awesome friend also gave me the blueray version of one of my newest favorite movies!

** Check it out, trust me it's amazing: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570728/

My night continued with Special Tuesday picking me up to check out a party with some friends that to my surprise included a massive amount of people singing happy birthday!

After that we met up with some other friends and I got to watch my first real game of blackjack!
On one hand the fast paced movements of the dealers and players astounded me. But on the other, watching the amounts of money being given away just seemed crazy. I have a hard time imagining putting that kind of money down, all on a whim.

IF you made it through this entire post I congratulate you!
I know I rambled a bit but I now want to turn your attention to the real reason for this post.

Yesterday on Facebook I received a whopping 98 posts of people wishing me a happy birthday. I think about it and I still have a hard time fathoming the amount of appreciation that I have for the family and friends who went out of their way in to stop and say something, little or not.

And it got me thinking how great technology is to have the ability to connect soo many people together! How easily it has become to keep in touch with people I haven't seen in years or people that I've never even 'met' (in person).

To sum up my feelings about yesterday I would have to say:
Life is about people. The people you meet, know, care about and love. I could care less about material things. What's important to me is being able to spend as much time as I can with the people that matter most.

It's a great feeling to know you're loved by one, anymore than that is an overwhelming gift I am always grateful of.

So really thank you! I couldn't ask for a better group of people.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Jeena,...im glad u had an amazing day ... I know I wished u happy bday alreadt but here it goes again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....


Marisol aka Mario