"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pet Adventures! Take 8

Today I am having a hard time with that.

I know that some of it is because I've been busy with work and playing catch up so I haven't been home much. And he definitely doesn't like that.
He's made that very clear by attacking me twice in the last 2 days.

Also over the past few days I have been noticing little by little things inside my apartment that he has been destroying, very subtly of course.
Most of them are trivial material things that can easily be replaced so I haven't been too upset.

But yesterday the kicker for me was the box holding one of my prized possessions.
This cat has slowly been destroying the box and the packing styrofoam for a set of glass tableware that I've kept in remarkable condition and have had since I was a kid.
I caught him in the act and almost lost my cool.

But of course it isn't all bad.

When things are good, they're really good.

Since he had practically destroyed the toys he had before I decided to get him a new one.

This is what happened.


There are no more feathers, it lasted less than 24 hours.


This post is a bit overdue so there are a few things to update you on.

Just a few nights ago I woke up to this snuggled right next to me



Of course he was taking up at least 1/2 of my twin sized bed but it was still cute :)

Last week I had this crazy dream where there was this cat was making crazy noises. I have no idea what it looked like or why it was making that noise (I have a hard time remembering dreams) but I do remember feeling confused.
Turns out that while I was sleeping he had tried to sleep in the same place as this picture and I rolled over him without knowing it :/

This all happened within a couple of days after he got outside while I was trying to leave for work.
Normally I don't stress about him trying to get out because he's generally uninterested. But out of nowhere I opened the door and he just bolted out!
I froze as I was panicking because I didn't want to scare him into running away.

But to my surprise he froze too, right outside of my doorway.
The look in his eyes was complete terror. He stood there for a moment, turned his head to consider running and ran right back inside of my apartment.
I guess that in some way he was expecting to see the surroundings of his old home.
I'm glad to say that he hasn't tried it since. I can only hope he's learned his lesson.

No comments: