"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pet Adventures! Take 4

Oh the things that happen when theres a pet in the house...
Like when you go into your room after taking a shower and not noticing the blinds are out of alignment.... until you've already started getting ready.

Checkmate cat.

And even after all of that I know that I still care about the insane animal.
You know how I know?

Tonight when I pulled up into my parking spot I noticed a very similar looking black cat walk by. But before he/she walks away it makes sure to stop and acknowledge the unintentional stare down I had started.
This cat looked so similar to the one I am taking care of that before I had finished my mental picture of physical attributes I was freaking out.
Before I had even realized that this cat was too big to be the cat I had already thought up multiple scenarios about the harsh realities he had experienced in the 12 hrs I was gone. Being a strictly indoor cat I imagined the worst.
So of course, me being... myself I started to jump out of my car and called out to the cat by his name.
He's generally responsive to his name so I knew that he'd come if he'd been out all day. I wasn't even all of the way out of my car before the cat was done with me and started walking away.
I turned for a moment and it was gone, which only added to my panic. That and a growing amount of embarrassment as I looked like a crazy person talking to myself desperately.
Hoping he had run off to meet me at my door I bolted for my apartment. Hurrying as fast I could I left everything but my keys in my car. As I unlocked and opened the door I hadn't even bothered to look to see if he had followed nearby.

To my confusion, surprise and happiness there he was sitting at the door like he'd been waiting all day. Almost like he was as glad to see me as I was to see him.

No comments: